Monday 15 July 2013

MR & MRS

"MARRIAGE is not a noun; it's a verb. It isn't something you get. It's something you do. It's the way you love your partner every day."
- Barbara De Angelis


THEY'RE MARRIED!
On Saturday, July 13 2013, two beautiful people became husband and wife and I am blessed to call them my friends. I met Mariah nine months ago at work and since then I have spent a lot of time getting to know her and Don, the wonderful man she loves. From the moment we met, they have made me feel right at home in their presence, sharing laughter, lots of food and even more love. I feel privileged to have witnessed their incredible love for one another and thrilled to have been a part of their special day.

Although, I did not get any photos of the ceremony itself (because I was too busy sobbing and smiling while watching them exchange vows), I did manage to capture some of the celebration.


Mariah and Don put so much time and effort into their day and chose beautiful colors. I was amazed at the beauty and detail of the head table. The sparkle and elegance immediately reminded me of Mariah.


When I was hired nine months ago, I was happy to have a second job. I never expected to meet two girls who would support me, love me and continuously make me laugh throughout this past year. It felt a bit surreal to be sitting with Jezzie, watching Mariah get married, but I would not have had it any other way.


One of Mariah`s bridesmaids came all the way from Australia and brought her English friend, Hugo! I was thrilled that he sat at our table and grilled him with quite a few questions. (Thankfully, he was nothing but polite and gave me some tips!) We had a cup of tea together and our table gave him a very good Canadian welcome.


I managed to steal the bride and groom quickly for a photo. They never stopped smiling all day and it warmed my heart to see how perfect the day had turned out for them. (Also...their cake was delicious!)


The party went late into the night and the dance floor was constantly full of people celebrating this married couple. It is hard to believe that after so much planning, their day is over and they are officially husband and wife. Although, I know that the excitement, happiness and love in Don and Mariah`s life is far from over. They will have many more adventures together and I look forward to watching them fall even more in love. Their kindness and commitment to one another is inspiring and I only hope that someday I can have a love story like that of Mariah and Donald.



1 comment: